Community engagement builds permanent relationships and is used as an active method of implementing a shared vision.
Community engagement is often about moving communities towards a substantial change. Some examples are implementing Sustainability Plans, Water Conservation Plans or Beautification Programs for Neighbourhoods.
We follow a seven step program that can be customized to the specific conditions of the community:
- Identify goals
- Identify key groups and individuals to engage
- Plan engagement strategies
- Identify contact points where to meet key groups and key individuals
- Implement engagement strategy
- Monitor progress
- Leverage engagement relationships to allow key groups and key individuals taking ownership